OPENING TIMES CHANGES AS OF 17TH SEPTEMBER 2016AS OF SATURDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER WE WILL ONLY BE OPENING AT WEEKENDS. OUR OPENING TIMES ARE CONTROLLED BY DAYLIGHT HOURS SO PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT TO SWIM IN THE DARK ..... IT JUST IS NOT SAFE :-)
OPENING DATE 2016 (hopefully)We are hoping to open on Sunday 8th May. We will obviously be dependent on the water being warm enough by then so please keep an eye on this website or our facebook or twitter for updates.
OPENING TIMES CHANGESDue to our days slowly getting shorter (boo hoo!! :-( sad times). Therefore you need to be aware that we will not allow swimming when the light is insufficient to make sure you are all safe. This means that we will be opening slightly later on the early sessions and closing earlier in the evening sessions. Keep an eye of facebook and twitter for up to date information.
Prices & Facilities
Our standard charge for a swim session is only £5 (cash only at the moment please)which includes parking and use of changing facilities, toilets and showers. Any coached sessions and events such as swim races, aquathlons, etc will be subject to an additional charge which is payable separately.
Our lake is manned during normal opening hours and we will always endeavour to provide the following: no swimming or access allowed outside of our opening times.
- 400m and 750m swim courses (GPS measured) Please see course layouts at the bottom of this section
- Nervous swimmers encouraged to stay swimming near the beach to acclimatise
- Beach entry to water (this is not a child play area)
- Wetsuit hire and sales by Sigma Sport (please see the guidelines page)
- Little Sigma Sport Shop on site selling all swim accessories that you may need and more ........
- Indoor changing rooms and showers (at Desborough Sailing Club)
- RLSS qualified staff supervising at all times
- Observation/rescue canoe out on the water
- Assisted swims available with our coaches
- Group swims can be organized at set times and upon request
- One to One coaching available for all levels – Newcomer to Ironman please contact our email for further information
- Free car parking
- RUNNERS : 1.5km cross-country running track available around the lake (rough ground in places)
Map showing swim loops