OPENING 14th MAY 2017We will be opening on the 14th May 2017 between 7am - 11am. Please visit our Facebook, Twitter, or keep an eye on the website for further details.
OPENING TIMES CHANGES AS OF 17TH SEPTEMBER 2016AS OF SATURDAY 17TH SEPTEMBER WE WILL ONLY BE OPENING AT WEEKENDS. OUR OPENING TIMES ARE CONTROLLED BY DAYLIGHT HOURS SO PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT TO SWIM IN THE DARK ..... IT JUST IS NOT SAFE :-)
OPENING DATE 2016 (hopefully)We are hoping to open on Sunday 8th May. We will obviously be dependent on the water being warm enough by then so please keep an eye on this website or our facebook or twitter for updates.
We absolutely thrive on welcoming new swimmers to our lake. We pride ourselves on making sure you have a really positive experience so that you will want to come back.
Sadly we spend a lot of time helping swimmers that have gone to other lakes who did not look after them or who have had a bad experience at a race. It is our mission to work with all our swimmers to turn that negative into a positive and we have yet to be beaten :-) We have had swimmers who have spent a whole season swimming in the safe area around the beach - we are happy to support you and work at your pace.
Our swim test helps us identify those swimmers who are not so comfortable in the open water environment and gives us the opportunity to offer support to those who need it most.
Our safety procedures make swimmers feel comfortable and safe which ultimately leads to a much more enjoyable swim. If you are unsure, nervous, interested or just plain nosey just ask one of our staff who will be more than happy to help you.
OK so now to the practicalities:
What do you need to bring?
- Suitable swimwear
- Health Form Completed (also available at the lake)
- £5 cash to pay for swim
- Brightly coloured swim hat*
- Goggles* are not compulsory but are advised and can help
* Available at the lake at Sigma Sport's Little Shop are:
- Wetsuit hire costs £10 - Blue Seventy, 2XU, Zone 3, Huub, 19, Orca
- A Range of swim equipment - hats, goggles, swim aids, nose clips, ear plugs etc
- Wetsuits available for purchase
- Gels and energy bars
- Training Aids
- Unique equipment packages and bundles
- Other ranges and pieces that are constantly updated
- Various Demo days will be organised throughout the season by Sigma Sport